Thursday, February 20, 2014

Easy DIY Succulent Planter


Succulents are my favorite thing to grow. Mostly because I can't keep anything else alive. Danny's got the green thumb, thankfully! I have tons of succulents growing outside on my patio and wanted to use them to add some plant life in my house. The cool thing about succulents is that you don't have to water them a lot! Perfect for me! I did this project in less then 20 minutes.


I found this cute, bronzed container at my local goodwill store for $2. I found the rocks at the dollar tree and only needed two bags for this project. Scatter the rocks on the bottom of your container so that none of the container is showing. Since my container doesn't have any drainage holes for when I water, the rocks act as my drainage pan so mold and root rot doesn't occur. 


 Fill up your container with cactus potting soil. I went around my backyard and cut the succulents that I wanted to use for this. If you don't have any you can always buy some. They are really inexpensive. Succulents are great because you can cut them off from the original plant and replant them. Just plant the succulents however you want. After I had them planted I put smaller rocks anywhere that the soil showed through. Water and you're done! Super easy and super cute! I only water these once a week by using a spray bottle just to get the soil moist. They don't require tons of water. They like some light so keep them in a bright part of your house, just not in direct sunlight. Enjoy! XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment