Monday, February 17, 2014

Easy Spinach Cubes for Healthy Smoothies


Fresh, organic spinach is something I can't live without. It's on my grocery list every time I go shopping. I use spinach instead of lettuce for everything. Salads, sandwiches, and for my protein shakes or smoothies. I buy spinach in bulk because its cheaper. Thing is, I can't use it enough before it starts to go bad. Solution, easy spinach ice cubes. Lets get started.

Wash your spinach well and break into pieces. Put the spinach into a food processor with 1/4 cup of water. 

Blend until the spinach is chopped well, and mixes in with the water. It's ok to have chunks of spinach. 

Put the spinach mixture into ice cube trays and freeze overnight. Pop those babies out and put into a zip-lock bag. When you're ready to use them just place 2-3 cubes into your blender along with your other smoothie ingredients, blend and enjoy! You can also use these whenever you need to use spinach. Just defrost or place into your hot pan. Spinach is and anti-inflammatory and is loaded with antioxidants. These spinach cubes make it really easy to get your veggies into your diet. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment