Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Delicious Chicken Pot Pie


Hey guys!! Sorry I've been M.I.A. I've been super busy with work, school and I got married! I have tons of things I want to blog about but I thought I'd throw this delicious Chicken Pot Pie Recipe up really fast. This is comfort food at its best! It's very easy to make, just time consuming. Enjoy!


 First I start off by roasting two bone in chicken breast in a 375 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. I rubbed each breast with olive oil and salt and pepper. When the chicken is done, cool, then cut off all the chicken from the bone. Cut carrots, and celery. Put in a pot along with frozen peas and cover with enough chicken broth to cover all the veggies. Bring to a boil and cook until veggies are tender but still crisp. Drain veggies from the broth, reserve the broth to use for later.
Put a pie crust in a glass pie dish. I put the pie crust into the oven for 6 minutes. Take out of the oven and put chicken and veggies into the bottom of the pie crust.
In a saucepan over medium high heat cook onions in butter until translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder and garlic. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer until thick.

Pour mixture over the chicken and veggies until it's almost overflowing. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away any excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.Brush the pie crust with egg whites. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown. Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Then eat!!

 Chicken Pot Pie
 2 Bone in Chicken Breast
1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup sliced celery
1 cup of diced onion
2/3 cups of butter
2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of garlic salt
1 tablespoon of onion power
1 tablespoon of garlic
3 cups of chicken broth
1 1/3 cups of milk
2  9 inch unbaked pie crusts

No comments:

Post a Comment