Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My must have Makeup Brushes for The Face


I believe that if you want your makeup to look good you need the right brushes to achieve a flawless look. A good brush can make a world of difference when applying your face makeup.  Ive narrowed down my top five must have face brushes that I can't live without. Enjoy xoxo

Starting from the left 

Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush-  If you haven't tried Sigma brushes yet, you need too. These brushes are affordable and made really well. They're very comparable to M.A.C. brushes. I can't get enough of this brush! It makes putting on your foundation a breeze. The brush is super soft and dense, making your skin look flawless. This brush blends everything in so easily giving you that airbrushed finish. When I want a full coverage foundation look, this is my go to brush.
http://www.sigmabeauty.com/Sigma_Flat_Top_Synthetic_Kabuki_F_80_p/f80.htm

Sonia Kashuk Small Duo Fiber Multipurpose Brush #124- I think her brushes are amazing! Super affordable and well made.  I use this brush with a translucent powder to set my foundation. The bristles are soft and they don't hold a lot of product so it doesn't cake the product on to your face.
http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-core-tools-small-duo-fibre-multipurpose-brush-no-124/-/A-13339924?reco=Rec|pdp|13339924|ClickCP|item_page.vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.vertical_1

M.A.C. 187 Duo Fiber Face Brush- this brush does it all! Kinda on the pricey side but worth every penny. I use this brush to apply powder to set my foundation. Or, when I want to blend out my bronzer or blush so there's not any harsh lines. I've recently started to use this brush for blush too! It lightly applies the blush giving you a more natural look. A must have!!
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/146/772/Products/Brushes/Face/187-Duo-Fibre-Face-Brush/index.tmpl

E.l.f. Studio small Stippling Brush- this is a lot different than the other two stippling brushes I just mentioned. It's really dense , almost like the sigma brush. I use this to blend out my concealer under my eye. It's perfect because its small for the eye area. I also use it to blend out a cream contour because its nice and small to fit into the hollows of my cheeks. The greatest thing about this brush, it's only $3!!!! Can't beat that! 
M.A.C. 168 Angled Contour Brush- Great brush for contouring or just for applying blush. I use this for both actually. The angle helps you get into the hollows of your cheeks for that beautiful blended out contour.
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/146/324/Products/Brushes/Face/168-Large-Angled-Contour-Brush/index.tmpl

The Beauty Blender- I'm obsessed with this little guy right now. When I want a more sheer look to my foundation I use this. Which is pretty much everyday. You just get it damp and pat (not rub) your foundation on. The smaller point is great to blend out my concealer and get into those hard to reach places. It's amazing.
http://www.sephora.com/beautyblender-P228913#BVRRWidgetID

















No comments:

Post a Comment