Friday, June 20, 2014

Easy & Healthy Fish Tacos for Two


I love a good fish taco. The sauce is what it's all about to me! This is a light meal that is super easy to make. I made it for my husband and I so you can adjust the recipe to serve more people. Enjoy!


Start by squeezing the juice from one lime on your talipa. Season with pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. I put them in the fridge while I prepare everything else. 


Since I'm just making this meal for two people I used my single serve Ninja cup to blend up my sauce. I didn't measure anything but I'll explain how I made it. I used a spoon and scooped in two nice sized scoops of plain low fat yogurt along with a big spoonful of cut up cilantro, the juice from one lime, and a spoonful of canned chiplote peppers in adobo sauce.  Blend away. I added a little more adobo sauce to give it a more smokier taste. The lime and the adobo makes the perfect pairing for the talipa that's soaking in that lime juice. It ties everything together perfectly. Set the sauce in the fridge and get ready to grill your fish and tortillas. 


Grill your fish on medium high heat until the fish easily flakes off with a fork. I also grilled up a zucchini from our garden. Heat up some whole wheat corn tortillas and you're ready to assemble your tacos.


I made same guacamole using one avocado, a spoonful of cilantro, half of a jalapeno chopped up, and some salt and pepper. I also shredded some Monterrey Jack cheese and carrots then cut up some cabbage. Put the fish, sauce, guacamole, cheese and cabbage on your tortilla with some hot sauce and you have yourself some healthy fish tacos!! 


Amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment